Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Today is the day!

Well... I have thought awhile about starting a blog.  I like to talk and visit with my friends, but I do not have a lot of extra time sitting around!  So here I go.....

I'll just start off with a taste of my week, which is way out of my norm!  I usually take off two weeks before school starts to spend some quality time with the boys.  Yes, its true I am a workin' momma!  Working outside of the home that is.  I just don't know the working momma's at home do it.  I mean, I feel like my job is a like a walk in the park with a cupcake compared to the days I stay home!  Anyway... It is day 6, with 6 to go before school starts and I have cleaned the house top to bottom, cleaned out every closet, cooked a little (we will discuss this later) and played football, board games, and star wars till I can't anymore.  Can I have a Woo Woo!

Sweet...

Jayger has decided that he is ready to play football.... Okie dokie.... not that we don't play anything else, basketball, baseball, etc... We have practice Mon, Tues, Thur, and Fri evenings a 6:30.  Um... did I mention it is a little toasty here in LA?  Mark and I trade off every other practice, to keep the heat fair.  Although he does offer to go on my nights, I kind of like seeing my baby boy with little tight white pants on run to me for a drink of ice cold water because I won't allow him to use the community bottles.  I know... silly.  If you only know how my brain works, or the stuff I read about, see, ect...  Last night after practice the coaches were telling the parents that the team is playing to win, and they would be going up against some real "big boys."  As Jayger and I were walking to our truck he looked up at me and said "Oh Mom, big boys?"  In which I replied yes, what did you expect?  By the look in his eyes it was not anything "big." As we had a moment of reflection in the life of David, I told Jayger that no matter what task God sets before us... he will be with us, with us to the end.  All we have to do is believe, place him first, and work hard.  He felt better after this plus the Butterfinger from the Dollar Store helped.  Hope he listened.

Funny...
As all you are well aware... I can not cook, nor do I intend to.  That being said, I secretly envy those that can, so ocassionally I will try to do my best for my family, and friends.  I really am so lucky that my hubs like to cook, and is very good at it.  When I'm working Mon-Thur.  he has dinner on the table when I slide in at 5:30.  I take over Fri-Sun, or try to.... I have a few things my mother taught me to make, by her insistance or I would be up a creek Fri-Sat. Oh wait, I forgot about Steffy's, MiCasita's, CV's, we be ok...  I was making dinner for one of my sweet friends that just had a baby.  Needless to say I turned the oven on... I was making the main dish, and thought since the oven was on, I would make some brownies and cookies out of the bag.  I know simple, but you must understand.  I looked up and down for my cookie sheet, I knew I had one, I mean come on who doesn't know where their one and only cookie sheet is, I mean who has only one cookie sheet?  Don't answer.  Called Mark because if anyone knew, it would be him.  He did not remember where he put it.  Ok, so after 30 min. I was desperate.  Under the oven I found what looked like a cookie sheet, although it was a little thicker, and it was black... Any takers in the cooking world out there?  Anyhoo... I treated it like my own little cookie sheet.  Yummy.  I got out the spray and downed it, got the cookies out, and read the instructions.  Crap.  Do not butter cookie sheet.  Ok... to the papertowels I go, there, perfect.  I put them in the oven, along with the casserole.  Mark makes it home, and he is excited about dinner (probably because he didn't have to make it) and as we are talking he was like what is that smell?  I was like... great... I knew... because unfortunately I have done this on multiple occasions.  I BURNT THE COOKIES, AGAIN!  No joke they were in there like 3 min.  I don't know if it was the pan, spray, or me.  To many variables.  So I picked the pan, and told Mark so.  He walked away (probably so I would not see his face) and that was that.  Fast forward a few days, while picking up Jetson's friend Maddox to spend the night, his momma (my dear friend, and did I mention chef) said "I made a few cookies, here is a bag."
I smiled and Jetson looked at me and smiled.  I said oh, thanks! We love cookies!  We get to the car, buckle in and I can't stand it any longer, I rip the bag open pop one in my mouth, man... distrubute to Jetson, Joben, and Maddox, and begin to pull out of her drive way.  I shove another in my mouth and said, boy Maddox your momma sure knows how to cook a good cookie, he just smiles at me, and Jetson pipes up "yea, and you don't, always burnt at the bottom." Bang!  The truth hurts... oh well... I'm good at other things.  I just haven't figured out what it is yet. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment