Wow, it has been awhile! I have so many things to blog about, so I'm just going to pick a few things. We have been super busy with school, football, church, and work. Seems like we are always on the go, but I would not change it for the world!
First off I have to tell those of you who don't know that sometimes funny things happen to me, which I kind of like because I like to tell those stories to others and watch them laugh and snort, and I also like watching my husbands face because he has heard it all, except for that which happens to me, or that I cause. :)
For instance -
Last week Mark was going to drive my SUV to Norman to look at a boat we were considering, so I though to myself, this would be the perfect opportunity to drive his camaro to work. So those of you who don't know my hubbs well, let's just say there is nothing he can't do, and I'm serious about that. So, after he finished building our house, he needed some other project to tinker with that the boys could help him with. He is already teaching them his skills, yea! Anyway... he came across a old camaro that someone had recently put a new motor in and basically just wanted to get rid of. He bought and has been working on it for about two years now, he restored the inside, ordered parts, and had it painted. The boys and I think it's great when we cruise with the T-tops off and go get ice cream. So I take the boys to school in Mark's truck, swing back by the house to get the cam, and I feel like a care free teenager on game day, with a slick new ride. Ha! Did I mention that this 81' cam has a little too much power for me, or that it is slightly hard for me to see over the dash, or that if I barely hit the gas it shoots down the road, and the steering, well... I get in, skirt, bag and papers. I gently pull out of our driveway as to avoid hitting the brick entrance, which I suppose required me to get in the left hand lane a bit. Then I hit the gas a bit, and tried to control the steering wheel. I got composure, and thought man, this is the life. One block from my house a odd white care was sitting in some one's drive way, and I thought... weird. As I pass yes, you guessed it, Sebastian Country Patrol! Great, first time, I drive this sucker and bam! I called Mark ASAP because I honestly didn't even know if we had it insured, because, well, he takes care of that stuff. I could hear him and his friend laughing through the phone, as he was telling me where the papers were at. I pulled over, and I was laughing so that I COULD NOT STOP! The officer came over, and I tried to get out, and he was like - no, no, stay in the car! He told me that he was really worried because I was swerving all over the place, and I was like yea, I know! I could not explain because I was laughing so hard, he thought I had lost my mind! I told him I was a Nurse Practitioner, my husband was in the National Guard, we live one block down, and that I was not up to anything! He was not amused. He came back and was like ok, I believe you, now this is a really nice car, what year model is it? Ok.......
I love fall! Love the weather, being home with my family, making smores, soups, and hot coco! This fall we are going to try and stay outside as much as possible. Mark has been working on a play area for the kids for several months, and he put the final touches of solar powered lights to the play set recently. He made three swings, a rock climbing wall, a little fort up top, a slide, and a big sand box underneath, with no kit, just whipped it up. So thankful for him! The boys have so much fun playing on it, and we can see them from the porch. So we talk while they play and were all happy!
Last but not least -
Talk about busy! Tomorrow I plan to run in the Susan G. Coleman Race for The Cure 5k. I know many friends and patients that have been touched by cancer in one way or the other. I'm going to run in the morning and remember those we've lost, and pray a blessing over those who are fighting. Then off to Jetson's 7th birthday party at the Monkey House, woo woo! I like it there, wonder why. Then Mark says we have to high tail it back to the house because the Razorbacks are playing, you would think we lived in Arkansas or something. Then Jayger has to be at the football field at 4:30 for his last football game of the year. Then off to some sweet sweet friends for a hay ride and chili. I'm already tired! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment